How does the rental process work?
How It Works
Book outdoor gear for your trip in 5 easy steps. Foryst’s gear is provided by a combination of individual gear owners and established retail shops who rent their gear to help others enjoy the outdoors. If you have additional questions, check out our FAQs.
- Find your favorite activity (or try something new!) From camping to stargazing, our gear can support you on your outdoor adventure.
- Book your rental. Find someone nearby who offers gear that aligns with your interests. Read their process and rules to make sure you’ll be able to easily pick up your gear. Select your dates, and you’re set!
- Get your gear. Gear owners should explain in their process on the product page how you will pick up the gear. After booking, look for an email from them or reach out with any questions on how to pick up your gear.
- Return your gear. Bring back your gear clean and dry to prevent molding. You will work with the gear owner to facilitate drop off. After the owner confirms the gear is all there and in good condition, you’ll receive an email notifying you that your rental is closed.
- Tell your friends. Follow us on Instagram and/or Facebook and encourage your friends to go on an outdoor adventure!